Hawks crush Royals in Homecoming game

©HAWKEYE image credit: Jack Fiorillo
Hawk’s fans celebrate after a touchdown by the Hawks.

The Hawks (5-1) hosted the Lynnwood Royals (3-4) for their homecoming game at Edmonds Stadium. The Hawks have been on a hot streak of four games coming into this game, and they kept the fire going as they dominated the Royals on both offense and defense. The Hawks steamrolled the Royals, 66-13.

This game ended before the second half even started. The Hawks not only shut out the Royals in the first half but also put up 56 points through seven offensive touchdowns, and one defensive touchdown. They were led by their star running back-fullback tandem of senior Ryan LaCasse and senior Malcolm Johnson. They had five touchdowns and two touchdowns respectively.

The second half was a blur as the Hawks just tried to milk the clock and end this game as quickly as possible.

Through the 66 points that the Hawks put up, five players were able to score; senior running back, Colin Rucker had one, Ryan LaCasse had five, Johnson had two, senior defensive-back Gabe Brady had one, and senior kicker Ivan Melchor kicked a field goal.

“The game] was amazing, it was probably one of the best we’ve ever had”, senior running back Colin Rucker said.

The Hawks and the Royals have been bitter rivals for as long as most can remember.

“After beating them, the locker room was nuts,” Rucker said, “It was just like the Glacier Peak game.

Through this win, the Hawks didn’t just get a win but they made history with the win. This is the first time in Hawks football history that they have been able to have a record of 6-1. This isn’t the only milestone that the Hawks can break this season, however. The Hawks best records were in 1969 and 1971 when they went 7-2 but both times didn’t make the playoffs. They have a chance to not only break that record but also make the playoffs with that record and shatter the trend.

The Hawks after clinching the playoffs two games ago, are now preparing themselves to have a big playoff run.

“We feel fantastic right now,” Brady said, “We think we can go really far, maybe even state.”

The Hawks have one game left in the regular season. The Hawks will play on Oct. 24 at Kingston High School where they’ll play the Buccanneers and try to end their season with a bang.